Developed into a nationally renowned first-rate medical basic theory research instituteThe actual research institute is the original site of the former Departments of the former Union Medical College, and the first director was the famous anatomy professor Professor Zhang Huan. It consists of the Department of Experimental Morphology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Disease. The Faculty of Science and the Department of Pathophysiology have a large number of well-known medical scientists and young and middle-aged scientific and technological backbones. The team is rigorous and strong. By 1965, it had developed into a nationally renowned first-class medical basic theoretical research institute with more than 400 employees.
Reconstruction of eight-year medical universityIn 1959, under the leadership of Huang Jiayu, the dean of the Academy of Medical Sciences, he rebuilt an eight-year long-term medical university. All the staff in the field study were transferred to support the restoration of teaching work. Anatomy, histoembryology, pharmacology, and microbiology And immunology, parasitology, public health and epidemiology, statistics and other departments. In addition, the relevant departments of the Institute of Physical Education also participated in the training of 10 professional students, and provided talents for enriching the teaching and young scientific research teams in the basic medicine and various disciplines of the medical academies.
Merged into Sichuan Branch of Chinese Academy of Medical SciencesDuring the "Cultural Revolution", at the end of 1969, the Institute was relocated to Jianyang County, Sichuan Province, and merged into the Sichuan Branch of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences.
DownsizingAfter 1973, the basic teaching and research offices of the former Union Medical College were also downsized and adjusted. Half of the teaching staff and teaching materials were transferred to the former Ministry of Health, Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The remaining faculty and staff set up a basic teaching group directly under the Medical Academy. (Called Capital Hospital). At this stage, scientific research and teaching work suffered huge setbacks and losses.
The Institute moved back to BeijingApproved by the State Council in 1978, the original research institute moved back to Beijing, where it was renamed as the Institute of Basic Medicine, together with the teaching staff of the original medical group and the Medical University.
Formally became a dual-name institutionIn 1982, the Basic Institute and the Basic Department of Medical University (known as the Basic Medical College in 1993) officially became a dual-named institution, basically based on the department / teaching and research office system, and the system continued to this day.
Basic Medical College changed its name to Basic CollegeIn September 2006, Xiehe Medical University and Tsinghua University carried out close cooperation in running schools, and the Basic Medical College was renamed as the Basic College. The history of the Institute of Basic Medicine and the School of Basic Education can be summarized as the history of the change and development of the preclinical institutions of the Peking Union Medical College.
Created in August 1956
The Institute of Basic Medicine (Institute of Basic Studies) of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (referred to as the Academy of Medical Sciences) was formerly known as the Institute of Experimental Medicine (Institute of Practical Research) and the Basic Medicine Group of the Academy of Medical Sciences (established in 1973 after the Concord Medical University ceased operations). The Academy of Medical Sciences was founded in August 1956 on the basis of the former Central Institute of Health. It merged with the Peking Union Medical College, which was founded in 1917, to become the only national medical science academic center and comprehensive scientific research in China. The institution is a major adjustment and construction after the founding of New China. Soon after the two colleges merged, in February 1958, the first five institutes were established on the basis of the original 10 departments, including the Institute for Practical Research.